Google Chrome continues to be my desired website browser in late 2022. For the previous pair decades, I’ve been applying a school-provided MacOS M1 MacBook Air laptop as my “everyday driver” laptop or computer. Back again in June 2015, I wrote the write-up, 𔄟 Indispensable Google Chrome Extensions.” This is my update for November 2022, seven many years afterwards! These are Chrome extensions I use each day, with the exception of Zotero, which I just use when I am composing more formally (in one particular of my textbooks, for instance) and want to build formatted citations.
I want to share these Chrome extensions with my middle school media literacy learners, so I produced a webpage on my new media literacy curriculum and lessons website for “Google Chrome Extensions.” Here’s my checklist, with a quick description of each individual. All of these are Free of charge.
- UBlock Origin: A free and mild-weight (doesn’t involve considerably memory) advertisement blocker.
- Earth Check out from Google Earth: Displays a different impression from Google Earth just about every time you open a new tab or window in Chrome.
- Extensity: Rapidly transform Chrome Extensions on or off.
- Tab Suspender: Help save memory in your net browser / on your pc by “suspending” unused tabs quickly.
- ColorZilla: Quickly copy the HTML colour code from any aspect of a webpage.
- Zotero: Produce formatted citations for functions cited / bibliography references. Demands individual software program obtain / set up.
- Help you save to Pocket: Help save a webpage posting into your “Pocket” record for afterwards distraction-totally free examining..
What Chrome browser extensions would make your personalized “prime seven list” that I did not involve below?
If you savored this put up and located it practical, subscribe to Wes’ totally free e-newsletter. Look at out Wes’ online video tutorial library, “Taking part in with Media.” Data about extra methods to find out with Dr. Wesley Fryer are out there on wesfryer.com/just after.